Monday, July 14, 2008

Comme des Garcons and Louis Vuitton?



Okay, I just read an article from Suzy Menkes of the International Herald Tribune that Comme des Garcons and Louis Vuitton will do a joint venture to have a store for three months in Tokyo. What a combo platter, huh? Will we see frayed LV bags and deconstructed Louis Vuitton suits three sizes too small in knotted boiled wool with holes in them going down the runway? I must say I do enjoy CDG vintage designs more than her current designs, I wish she would have refine her mainline like Yohji Yamamoto is currently doing. I do like her gorilla store concept, I went to the one in Berlin on Karl Marx Allee. The musique was amazing playing Kraftwerk from the early 70's of pre-ambient tracks and cardboard boxes stacked up in corners wondering if they just moved in or moving out. Let the show begin with LV and CDG.

No comments: